Oxford School of Aviation
The Henderson-Oxford Airport (HNZ) is within an hour drive from Durham, Raleigh, Wake County, and the RTP (Research Triangle Park), North Carolina. Located just 4 miles off I-85 at exit 206, the airport is across the Granville County line in North Carolina, and is owned by the City of Oxford, County of Granville, City of Henderson and the County of Vance.
- Construction of the airport began in the Fall of 1996.
- The airport was first operational in the Spring of 1971, with a runway length of 3, 500 ft.
- In 1981 the runway was extended to 4, 800 ft.
- In 1982 the runway was extended to 5, 000 ft bringing it to its official dimensions of 5002 x 97 ft.
- Runway and taxiway lights were also added in 1982 along with an instrument landing system, localizer and NDB.