Romanian Aviation Academy
- Romanian scientist, predecessor of reactive aviation and inventor.
“Henri Coanda” Air Force Academy is a legal military entity with juridical personality which is an integrated part of the Romanian higher education system. It is located in the very heart of Romania, in Brasov, a city with almost a century of experience in designing and manufacturing airplanes and with tradition in higher education, as well.
„Henri Coandă” Air Force Academy was established on 11th of August 1995 based on the Government Decision no. 616.
THE IDENTITY OF THE ACADEMY IS DEFINED BY:
- 1. name: “Henri Coanda” Air Force Academy
- 2. tradition: the Academy continues the tradition of training Air Force officers, gathering an experience of almost a century in the field of military education
- 3. motto: „NOSTRUM NOMEN RERUM EST MENSURA NOSTRA”
- 4. address: 160, Mihai Viteazul St., Brasov, zip code 500183
- 5. phone: +1, fax +4
- 6. web page: www.afahc.ro
THE FOLLOWING PERSONNEL FULFILS LEADERSHIP POSITIONS WITHIN THE ACADEMY:
- -the Rector: Air Flotilla General Prof Vasile BUCINSCHI, PhD
- -the vice-rector for education: Colonel professor engineer Marian PEARSICĂ, PhD
- -the vice-rector for science: Lieutenant colonel lecturer engineer Laurian GHERMAN, PhD
- -the president of the Academy Senate: Lieutenant colonel associated professor Adrian LESENCIUC, PhD
The Academy has within its structure the AERONAUTICAL MANAGEMENT FACULTY with four departments:
- -Department of Fundamentals Sciences
- -Department of Electronics and Informatics
- -Department of Military and Management Sciences
- -Department of Specialized and Basic Military Training
The Academy educational offer is related to the field of “Military Sciences, Intelligence and Public Order”, as described bellow:
- -„Organization Management” - full-time bachelor study program, three years of study, accredited, 180 ECST;
- -„Aviation Management” - full-time bachelor study program, three years of study, accredited, 180 ECST;
- -„Air Traffic Management” - full-time bachelor study program, three years of study, accredited, 180 ECST
- -„Management of Air Defence Artillery and Missiles” - full-time bachelor study program, three years of study, provisional authorized, 180 ECST
- -“Airspace Security” - full-time master study program, two years of study, accredited, 120 ECST;
- -“Management of Air Force Combat Systems” - full-time master study program, two years of study, accredited, 120 ECST.
„Henri Coandă” Air Force Academy cadets are boys and girls enrolled after being admitted at the admission contest organized by the Academy. The selection and registration of candidates are made through the network of Information - Recruitment Offices from the Selection and Guidance Regional Centres of the Ministry of National Defence (MND). Other beneficiaries have their own selection and registration process of the candidates regarding the admission contest. The participants at the admission process are graduates with a diploma from both civilian and military colleges / high schools, according to the law regulations. Admission to the bachelor study programs includes two stages, as follows: a written English Language Exam (eliminatory stage) and a written Mathematics & Psychology Exam (written test in Romanian language). The High School examination average has a percentage share in the admission average, too.
The number of places in competition, study programs and specializations are approved by MND depending on the human resource development strategy. The costs for cadets training and education are supported by the Romanian Government. On graduation, each cadet will become an officer with a bachelor diploma in “Military Sciences, Intelligence and Public Order”. Therefore, he/she will acquire skills of military leaders, warriors, military specialists, instructors and officer-citizens, all of these being tightly connected.
The admission contest for master study programs is organized by the Academy for candidates with a bachelor diploma according to the law regulations. The master study programs are held in Romanian language, and the students should pay the study taxes annually, according to the Academy Senate decision.
The institution provides all students with lodging within the students accommodation facility, the posibility to eat at the academy dining facility and free medical asistance in the embedded medical facility, as well.