Flight training Scholarships
In an effort to support outstanding student pilots, the AOPA Foundation awards various scholarships, ranging from $2, 500 to $5, 000, in 2017.
Scholarship applications are due on Wednesday, May 31, 2017, at noon EST and winners will be announced in June 2017.
A special thank you to those who have donated to the AOPA Foundation in support of the Flight Training Scholarship Program. Because of you, we are able to support passionate aviators of all ages who serve as lifelong ambassadors for general aviation.
Scholarship applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- Be a U.S. citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- Be at least 16 years of age at the time of application. There are no exceptions to this; if you will not be 16 years old by May 31, 2017 then you are not eligible to apply.
- Hold a current FAA Student Pilot Certificate at the time of application.
- Be a current member of AOPA at both the time of application and when the scholarship is awarded.
- You cannot have completed the FAA practical test/checkride at the time of application.
Please read through the Frequently Asked Questions before emailing AOPA with a question.
The application deadline is noon (EST) on Wednesday, May 31, 2017.
- Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. No exceptions can be made for missing the deadline. Paper applications cannot be accepted.
- Once you submit your application you will receive a unique link for an online recommendation form that is specific to you. Send that exact link to two individuals and ask them to complete the online recommendation form by the application deadline (noon, EASTERN, on Wednesday, May 31, 2017). Send the unique link to only two individuals. The online system will not accept more than two recommendations.
- When a recommendation is submitted on your behalf you should receive an email confirmation. You can also log back-in to the application system to see if your recommendations have been submitted.