Commercial helicopter pilot training in India
Suvi's proposed Flying Training Institute will provide training courses for CHPL (Commercial Helicopter Pilot License) and PPL (Private Pilot License). It will also be addressing the flying training needs of special groups which require their own structured curriculum. Training will be done on R22 helicopters, used the world over for helicopter pilot training
The Pilot Flight Training Academy will induct candidates for flying training twice in a year in the months of January and July. Registration for these sessions can be done any time in advance. The course duration will be approximately 18 months for Commercial Helicopter Pilot's Licence (CHPL) and 6 months for Private Helicopter Pilot's Licence (PHPL). The duration may vary depending on various factors.
Qualification for CHPL
Pass in Class 10+2 with Physics and Mathematics or its equivalent from any recognised Board / University.
CHPL will entitle a candidate for employment with scheduled and non scheduled Operators (Commercial).
PHPL will entitle a candidate for employment on helicopters owned for Private Purposes (non commercial).
1. It is necessary to pass a medical examination prior to commencement of flying training. You need to take an appointment with one of these centers. We could help you with further details, which are also available on the DGCA website
2. Choose a reputable flight school - Copter Charters has some of the most highly qualified Flight Instructors on its team and who are recognised and fully accredited by the DGCA
3. Fill out an application
4. Obtain a Commercial Helicopter Pilot Licence. A minimum requirement of 150 flight hours and completion of a written tests conducted by the DGCA
5. You are now a licensed Commercial Helicopter Pilot! You are ready to work anywhere in India and capable of transporting passengers and cargo
6. Depending on what part of the world you want to work in you may need to do a conversion course for that region
7. You have now spent about a year & half training and gaining experience and are fully prepared to enter the work place!
1. Aerial Survey Pilot
2. Air Ambulance Pilot
3. Police Services